The perfect way to satisfy a brownie craving and it’s healthy enough to sneak into a lunch box, briefcase, or purse. This blend of protein and cacao is a great mid-afternoon energy boost, too. Smart snacking, Mama.
(GF, dairy-free, natural sugars, raw friendly)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw cacao
- 3 tbsp coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- agave or raw honey to taste
- Place nuts in food processor and blend on high until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add the cacao, coconut and sea salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add the dates -one at a time- through the feed tube of the food processor while it’s running. What you should end up with is a mixture that appears rather like cake crumbs, but when pinched, it easily sticks together (if the mixture does not hold together well, add more dates. Optional: add agave or honey here).
- Press mixture into a lined cake pan or mold. Place in freezer or fridge until ready to serve (brownies are more firm when cold). Store in an airtight container in fridge. Indulge.